Paper & Ink Artists Terms & Conditions
Thank you for taking the time to read our terms and conditions. The information below is valuable and directly related to you, the seller and the buyer of prints from Paper & Ink Artists. We have done our best to keep things simple and direct for you. The following terms and conditions apply to any and all transactions between Paper & Ink Artists (a department of Paper & Ink Studio LLC) and its customers’ use of this website. Note: The “I” in below declarations refers to the buyers and sellers who use this site.
- I affirm that I am 18 years of age or older to use this site.
- Paper & Ink Artists does not post art prints from artists that are under 18 years of age. For art collectors, if you are under the age of 18, you will need to have your parents purchase the art that you are interested in for you. Kudos to you, though, for having a keen eye towards collecting art at your age!
- I affirm that I will provide accurate information about myself when using Paper & Ink Artist’s services.
- We strictly prohibit the use of false information or the impersonation of another individual, organization or company through your account.
- These terms are single transaction based. This does not reflect a relationship between Paper & Ink Artists and you the Seller and/or Buyer.
- As a buyer of prints on Paper & Ink Artist’s site, I understand that that if prints arrive damaged then I will follow the directions in the FAQ section for how to have them replaced.
- As a buyer of prints on Paper & Ink Artist’s site, I understand that unless the print arrives damaged then all print sales are final. There are no returns.
- We do our best to provide exceptional quality prints and our goal is complete satisfaction for you. We will do our best to provide a fair remedy for any issues you may have.
- I understand that Paper & Ink Artists ships prints through USPS priority mail unless another arrangement has been made in writing.
- This does not guarantee that the shipment will arrive in 2-3 days, though this is generally the case. We also do our best to package shipments with extreme care and use durable materials. From time to time packages do arrive damaged. Please read the FAQ page for how to handle this situation so that we can send you a new print promptly.
- As a print buyer, I understand and affirm that I am responsible for paying all fees associated with purchasing a print, including shipping.
- As a print buyer, I understand that Paper & Ink Artists will ask for certain information relevant to my purchase including credit card number, expiration date, billing address and shipping address.
- Paper & Ink Artists uses a 3rd party company, Paypal to process credit card information. Paper & Ink Artists does not save your credit card information.
- As a print buyer and print seller I affirm that I have the legal right to use the credit cards I apply to my orders on Paper & Ink Artist’s site.
- As a print buyer, I understand that though Paper & Ink Artists strives to represent artworks accurately, depending on the screen you use to view the print on, colors and tones may be slightly different.
- As a print buyer, I understand and affirm that print reproduction is not permitted without the written permission from the artist. This would be seen as theft and the artist will hold the right to take legal action against me.
- As an artist and print seller, I understand and affirm that I am responsible for paying all fees that I owe to Paper & Ink Artists. I understand and agree to the policy that my subscription fee will be withdrawn automatically on a yearly basis from the account that I provided to Paper & Ink Artists when I signed up for my site. I understand that I am paying for a full year at a time. I cannot cancel mid year, but I can cancel for the following year.
- I understand that I may terminate my account with Paper & Ink Artists at any time by contacting Paper & Ink Artists at firstname.lastname@example.org. I understand that I will be responsible for any outstanding bills.
- I understand that Paper & Ink Studio may terminate my account and my access to their services at any time, for any reason and without advance notice. If they do so I understand that I do not have a contractual or legal right to use our services.
- Paper & Ink reserves the right to disable any listing, artist page, content, etc.. that we believe violates our Terms and Conditions. Paper & Ink Studio also reserves the right to take action against abusers of Paper & Ink Artists Terms and Conditions for use of their website.
Indemnification: (If Paper & Ink is sued because of you...we hope this never happens)
- I affirm that if Paper & Ink Artists is sued because of something I did that I will defend and indemnify Paper & Ink Artists. I will defend them and hold them harmless from any legal claim that arises from my actions, use of services provided by Paper & Ink, or breach of terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- I acknowledge and agree that any and all risk associated with my access and use of the services provided by Paper & Ink Artists is my sole responsibility.
- I understand and agree that Paper & Ink Studio is located in Missoula, Montana, so any legal action against Paper & Ink Studio must be filed and take place in Missoula, Montana.
- I understand that Paper & Ink Studio may update these terms from time to time. If the changes relate to the artists selling work I understand that Paper & Ink Artists will post a notice of this change on their Paper & Ink social media outlets as well as email everyone they have an address for. I am bound by any modified terms if I continue to use the service. I am responsible for reading the changes and I understand that I can choose to continue to use or cancel my subscription at that time as well.
- I affirm that I own the copyright to the images and content that I have submitted. I am the sole and exclusive owner of all works I submit and I have all rights, licenses, consents and releases to grant Paper & Ink Artists the right to print and sell these images on my behalf. Paper & Ink Artists does not own the rights to anything I submit and they will remove any and all content from the site at my direction.
- We make no claims on anything you post on our site or on any social media platforms. If you have any questions about copyright, refer to the U.S. Copyright Office website: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
- I grant Paper & Ink Artists a nonexclusive, right and license to reproduce and distribute to third parties via online sales. I provide them the rights to edit, crop, resize (to optimize the print).
- I understand and agree to the conditions that Paper & Ink Artists will pay me for all sales of my work according to the price breakdown described in pricing section of site once a month.
- I understand and affirm that I must fill out a W9 Tax Form for the sale of printed work. This must be filled out prior to receiving any payments for artworks sold. I am responsible for any taxes incurred from selling my artworks.
- To support the protections of copyright, I understand that Paper & Ink Artists will require that I provide them with a copy of a government-issued ID.
- I understand and affirm that I am solely responsible for my content. I represent that I have all of the necessary rights to my content and I am not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- I grant Paper & Ink Studio the license to use my content to promote my work and to create prints for sale. I recognize their legitimate interest in using my content to help sell my work. I understand that if I do not want Paper & Ink Artists to promote my work via social media platforms or by featuring it on the home page of Paper & Ink Artists, for example, that I can email them at: email@example.com and they will discontinue these posts.
- I understand that if I discover that any of my work has been posted on another artist's site without my permission that I will contact Paper & Ink Artists at: firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the infringement. Paper & Ink Artists will remove that content immediately and terminate the account of the infringer. Paper & Ink Artists will also notify both artists of the action taken.
- We respect your privacy rights and will do all that we can to protect your personal data. We will not sell your personal data...ever! We do not run advertising on this site.
Working with Our Service Providers
- Our service providers will only use your information when it is on our behalf. We have your contact information stored on our website. In addition to the website, some of your information is with our service providers for the purpose of business transactions. (i.e. paypal, artstorefronts (our website company), email account-as we communicate with one another, and mailchimp).
Processing your Payments through Paypal
- When you make a purchase through our Paper & Ink Artists, you will be using Paypal, a third party payment service. All information collected is for the purpose of processing your payment and your payment information is not available to us and is not stored (unless you are a subscriber to our site plan. In this case Paypal does hold on to your information so that they can automatically charge your account when the subscription expires.)
Social Media and Sharing
- We would love to promote your work and spread your reach via social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook.) unless you ask for us not to. We do not have control and are not liable for their share functionality, their privacy policies or anything in their terms and conditions. You are subject to and responsible to those third party outlets. So we leave that choice and responsibility with you.
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Information
- We will be happy to help with this. Just send us an email to: email@example.com or call 406-544-8964. Email is best so that we have a paper trail, but if you would like to begin the dialog by phone we would certainly love to hear from you.
I understand that if I have any questions about the Terms and Conditions above that I can email Paper & Ink Artists at: